The Village does not require businesses to obtain a general business license. However, there are specific businesses that do require a license. Each of the licenses below are mandated by Chapter 9, 10, 16, and 24 of the Machesney Park Municipal Code. Refer to these chapters for enforcement and penalty procedures.
Online License Portal
Apply for and renew licenses online!
Licenses Eligible for Online Application:
- Liquor License
- Home Occupation License
- Tobacco & Alternative Nicotine Products License
You may still access a paper application for all licenses below.
License Classifications & Fees
- Class A $1,500: On-premise consumption and retail carryout in original package
- Class B $1,500: Retail carryout in original package; no on-site consumption
- Class C $700: On-premise consumption of beer and wine only
- Class R $1,500: On-premise consumption only for restaurants (at least 50% of sales is food)
- Class MT $1,500: On-premise consumption only for a bona fide cinema or movie theater
- Class BB $1,500: On-premise consumption for bona fide video gaming parlor; must accompany current G license
- Class GC $500: On-premise consumption of beer and wine at gas stations and convenience stores; must accompany a current G license
- Class G $250 per terminal annually (cost of fee shall be shared equally between the terminal operator and license holder): Video gaming; must accompany a current A, B, C, R, BB, or GC license
- Class P $300: On-premise consumption for outdoor patios to license holders
- Class SU $100/day: Special use license (liquor permit) for Illinois licensed liquor retailer
- Class SE $100/day: Special event license (liquor permit) for Illinois licensed liquor retailer
You may submit a new application or renew your license online here.
Paper applications are also available here.
The following businesses are required to obtain a municipal operating license:
- Amusement/Arcade License
- Hotel/Motel License
- Movie Theater License
- Solicitor Permit
- Itinerant Merchant License
- Massage Therapy Establishment License
Please contact Village Hall at (815) 877-5432 for more information regarding these licenses.
Home Occupation License